- For increased engagement on Twitter, analyze the Twitter streams of your followers. You’ll soon understand which topics are of interest to your followers, enabling you to increase your sharing of content relevant to their needs.
- Scan the reply tweets of social media influencers. Each time a social media influencer tweets, they usually receive a multitude of replies. Pay attention to what is being tweeted @ influencers, not just what they are tweeting themselves. There’s a treasure trove of information in reply tweets.
- Schedule time in your daily calendar for social listening. Hunt for engagement opportunities by searching for mentions relevant to your market sector. Business owners are often so busy tweeting they forget to schedule time for social media reconnaissance; this one daily tweak can have a huge impact on your social media ROI.
- Add your business’ URL to images you share on Twitter. Each time your post is retweeted, your URL is broadcast to potential new customers.
- If you are going to use a specific hashtag as part of your company’s social media branding, make sure you research the hashtag first. Be aware of others using similar hashtags to ensure your tweeting efforts aren’t hijacked.
- Tweak your Twitter bio occasionally. Don’ be afraid to adjust the hashtags/keywords you’re using in your bio. Pay attention to your follower fluctuations each time you adjust your bio.
- Remember to diversify your social media activity. What would happen if your favorite social networking platform adjusted their algorithm and your organic reach suddenly dropped? Make sure you’re building your brand on your own site as well as on a variety of social media sites.
- Change your pinned tweet on a frequent basis. Savvy social media users don’t just follow what you tweet, they’ll also dig into your @ replies and view your stream in its entirety. Frequently updating your pinned tweet lets social media sleuths know your account isn’t stale and that you take your networking efforts seriously.
- Share tidbits from your email marketing newsletters on Twitter. Not only does this fuel yoursocial sharing efforts, it drives subscribers to your newsletter.
- Use a variety of different visual images on Twitter. Don’t just rely on still images. Share memes, GIFs, and videos. Diversifying your visual marketing efforts will help keep your current followers engaged while potentially attracting new ones.
These are just a few easy ways Twitter users can increase their return on investment. A number of small changes can have a gigantic impact on your networking efforts.
Do you think you’ll be incorporating these ten Twitter tips into your social media marketing strategy?